The vinegar detox revolution
Once you’ve discovered the numerous benefits of apple cider vinegar, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. Many people swear by its powerful cleansing and digestive properties and have made this 100% natural product a key part of their diet. A few drops a day are all you need to get your body in gear, accelerate your metabolism, feel fuller, improve your digestion and enjoy all its purifying potential. So, what’s the vinegar detox revolution all about? We’ve broken it down into seven main points:
1. How to use apple cider vinegar in your everyday routine. It doesn’t take much to note its benefits right away. Simply add a few drops to a glass of water and drink every morning before breakfast. If you prefer, the following routine works well for many people: add two teaspoonfuls to 400 ml of water and drink a third before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. The changes you’ll notice. You’ll begin to benefit from its many properties after a few short days, provided you also follow a healthy, balanced diet and do a sensible amount of exercise. The first thing you’ll notice is that apple cider vinegar boosts your metabolic rate, which means you’ll burn fat while still feeling full. As you can see, it’s a great ally for losing weight.
3. Better digestion. Apple cider vinegar helps prevent heartburn if taken before meals. It also boosts digestion and is a great ally for keeping diarrhoea at bay.
4. Apple vinegar really does help you lose weight. The scientific basis for this amazing feat comes from a 2009 study carried out with 175 obese people in Japan who followed the same diet for 12 weeks. Half the group were told to drink a glass with one or two spoonfuls of apple vinegar a day. At the end of the study period, the participants who had drunk the apple vinegar had lost between 1.5 kg and 2 kg, while those who hadn’t didn’t lose any weight at all. A number of nutritionists agree that the acetic acid in vinegar inhibits the body’s uptake of carbohydrates, which helps with slimming.
5. Never drink neat vinegar. Vinegar is too acidic to drink neat. It would not only be too aggressive for your digestive system but could also damage your tooth enamel. You should always dilute it in water or a herbal tea with a little honey.
6. A little vinegar every day keeps the doctor away. According to a study from the University of Arizona, in addition to cleansing your body, helping you feel full and burning fat, the acetic acid in vinegar can also cut the amount of insulin you need to digest starchy carbohydrates, which helps prevent spikes in blood sugar levels after eating starchy food. However, diabetics should bear in mind that while apple cider vinegar can certainly complement your prescribed medication, it can never replace it.
7. Vinegar improves your looks. Not only does it cut cholesterol, but it also works wonders for your skin and hair. In fact, celebrities such as model Miranda Kerr and actress Jennifer Anistondrink vinegar every day to maintain their enviable good looks.