Vegetables and nuts, the perfect garnishes
- Some spinach sautéed with raisins and pine nuts makes a mouthwatering garnish.
- For meat dishes, go for some chargrilled red peppers drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and crushed almonds. Red peppers have the most vitamin C of all vegetables (much more than oranges), which makes them a great bet for boosting iron uptake. A winning combination!
- Say goodbye to boring pasta dishes with a simple tasty pesto, packed with all the goodness of nuts and basil.
- Another great option for any dish is to bake some vegetables au gratin with walnuts and melted cheese on top. A sure hit with everyone—even those who usually run a mile when they see vegetables!
- If you’re fed up of eating vegetables on their own, try making a vegetable and nut sauce, which makes an ideal garnish for roast meat or fish. Throw in your favourite mushrooms too!
Want to liven up your meat or fish dishes with something other than the same old salad, potatoes or rice? How about a fun, colourful and nutritional combination of vegetables and nuts? Read on…