* 16 sheets of lasagne
* 400 g (14 oz) tinned tuna
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 onion
* 1 courgette
* 200 g (7 oz) mushrooms
* 500 g (17.5 oz) fried tomato puree
* Borges Extra Virgin Olive oil
For the béchamel sauce:
* 40 g (1.5 oz) flour
* 500 ml (17 US fl oz) milk
* 80 g (3 oz) butter
* 100 g (3.5 oz) grated Emmental cheese
Step by StepChop up the onion and gently fry over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the diced courgette and the chopped mushrooms. Cook over a medium heat until the mushrooms release their water. Add the fried tomato puree and cook for about 3 minutes so that the ingredients mix together. Strain the tinned tuna, add to the tomato-and-vegetable sauce and hey presto! you’ll have your filling ready. Boil the sheets of lasagne following the cooking instructions on the packet.
To make the béchamel sauce:
Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and leave to cook for about five minutes. Slowly add the warm milk, stirring all the while. Add the salt and pepper and cook until it starts to thicken, which should take a few minutes. Arrange the lasagne in layers in an ovenproof dish as follows:
Start with a layer of béchamel sauce on the bottom, then a sheet of lasagne, followed by a layer of filling. Continue with alternating layers of sheets of lasagne and filling and then finish off by covering it all with béchamel sauce. Bake in the oven at about 180 ºC for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top to give it a gratin finish.
Nutritional Tips- You can find precooked sheets of lasagne in the shops that don’t need to be cooked: you simply soak them in boiling water for a few minutes.
- This dish requires some time and effort, but it certainly isn’t difficult. And once you’ve got the hand of making this wonderful tomato-and-vegetable sauce, you’ll have a great basic sauce for making pizzas, rice dishes or to accompany fish or grilled meat.
- If you don’t have any courgettes in the house, you can use any other vegetable you’ve got to hand, such as aubergines, carrots or fresh asparagus.
Kids in the kitchen? Of course! Here’s a simple recipe you can make with your little terrors. So, …
You’ve probably tried dozens of pesto sauces, but how about walnut pesto? We’d like to share a f…
Place the humus in a shallow dish and garnish it with some sweet paprika and Borges Character Olive …
Place the kebab, pepper salad and vinaigrette on a corn tortilla and wrap it with care.
This purée may be served cold or hot, as a snack with on bread or as dip.
Place mixed ingredients on a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Place the fish fillet and chips on the dish and garnish with a lettuce and cherry tomato salad.